The Healing Powers of Epsom Salts
For centuries Epsom Salts also known as Magnesium Sulphate is known as an effective cure.
Especially for easing muscular aches and pains and for the treatment of bruises. Magnesium is the second-most abundant element in human cells and the fourth-most important positively charged ion in the body. Recent studies have shown that 80% of the population is deficient in magnesium which is essential for good health and well being.
Magnesium, the major component of Epsom Salt, also helps to regulate the activity of more than 325 enzymes and performs a vital role in orchestrating many bodily functions, from muscle control and electrical impulses to energy production and the elimination of harmful toxins from the body. Being one of the few minerals we can absorb through the skin, a Float session is a great way of topping up your bodies level of Magnesium & Sulphates (as well as all the other benefits your session will bring of course!) Researchers and physicians report that raising your magnesium levels may:
- Improve heart and circulatory health, reducing irregular heartbeats, preventing hardening of the arteries
- Stimulate Lymphac Drainage and the removal of toxins & heavy metals from the cells, easing muscle pain by removing Lactic Acid from the muscle tissue and helping the body to eliminate harmful substances
- Reducing blood clots and lowering blood pressure
- Improve the body’s ability to use insulin, reducing the incidence or severity of diabetes.
- Improve nerve function by regulang electrolytes
- Calcium (essential for health bones and teeth) is the main conductor for electrical current in the body, and magnesium is necessary to maintain proper calcium levels in the blood
- Relieve stress as excess adrenaline and stress are believed to drain magnesium, a natural stress reliever, from the body. Magnesium is necessary for the body to bind adequate amounts of serotonin, a mood elevang chemical within the brain that creates a feeling of well being and relaxation
While increasing your magnesium levels, Epsom Salts also delivers Sulphates, which are extremely difficult to get through food but also readily absorb through the skin. Sulphates serve a wide variety of functions in the body, playing a vital role in the formation of brain tissue, joint proteins and the Mucin proteins that line the walls of the digestive tract. Sulphates also stimulate the pancreas to generate digestive enzymes and are believed to help detoxify the body’s residue of medicines and environmental contaminants.
Floating shifts your brain into lower, more relaxing frequency levels:
- Beta (normal alert state)
- Alpha (relaxed but aware of surroundings)
- Theta (in between awake & sleep) – Floatology point
- Delta (deep sleep)
The Theta state
The Theta state is typically associated with praying and advanced meditative techniques and provides an immense clarity of thought and an experience of the pure essence of being. Floatation is a way in which makes this state easily accessible to anyone.
The frequency shift made possible by floatation enables true mental and physical relaxation as well as opening up your mind’s capacity for recovery, thought and creativity.
Click here for examples of the sorts of benefits reported as a result of floatation.
Get the PURE float experience at Huddersfield Sanctuary
Huddersfield Sanctuary is located in the Colne Valley area of West Yorkshire. HS has been established for more than 5 years as a forward thinking and dynamic natural health centre for all. Our aim is to provide natural and effective treatments to enhance and improve the health of everybody ranging from babies to the golden generation. HS is the home to the only Floatation Pod, (Float-ology) in West, South, East Yorkshire and Humber. HS also have Osteomyologist – Manipulative therapist, pregnancy massage therapists, relaxation massage therapists and baby massage courses.
Book your Float-ology experience today. Call: 01484 462142